Join Our Team
You dream of making a difference. You can make it a reality.
Bailey House, Inc., a leader in HIV/AIDS housing and services with offices in East Harlem and Greenwich Village, is recognized as one of the best places to work in New York City.
We’re looking for dedicated, dynamic individuals committed to bettering their community. The following positions are currently available. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements using our online form. You may also apply by fax, email, or mail.
Bailey House, Inc.
1751 Park Ave
New York, NY 10035
Attention: Human Resources
- TCC Housing & Outreach Specialist
- Per Diem Residence Coordinator – Weekend Shifts
- Operations Assistant
- Housing Placement Program Associate
TCC Housing & Outreach Specialist
This position assists homeless people living with HIV/AIDS in obtaining appropriate affordable housing. The Housing Placement Specialist serves PWA’s enrolled in the Bailey House programs and homeless PWA’s linked to CBO’s or AIDS service programs that lack housing placement services. This position also carries caseload of 10 to 12 clients.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA Degree in a human services field;
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
- At least two years experience in obtaining housing for homeless people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Extensive knowledge of local AIDS housing service providers and related resources;
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate the HASA housing placement system and other related HRA/HASA systems on behalf of homeless people living with AIDS;
- Ability to negotiate leases with landlords, realtors and management firms
- Ability to maintain an updated housing file (i.e. apartment listings, AIDS housing vacancies, housing units coming on-line);
- Ability to represent Bailey House, Inc. with professionalism and authority, when working with consumers, all levels of agency staff and for-profit and government representatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to coordinate detailed projects simultaneously and meet deadlines reliably.
- Ability to travel around NYC for appointments, apartment inspections and meetings for work-related business.
- Skilled in using full Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
PER DIEM RESIDENCE COORDINATOR – Weekend Shifts
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and security of residents and to provide oversight of facility operation during non-business hours on a daily basis. Additional responsibilities are to provide information and assistance to resident as needed, engage residents regularly to remain informed about their health and general well being and provide pertinent information about residents to other staff on as needed basis.
- High School or GED required. Bachelors Degree Preferred.
- At Least three years of previous experience with agency population preferred.
- Must have a current Fire Safety Director Certificate.
- Must work overtime as needed and attend mandatory meetings and training as scheduled.
The Operations Assistant supports the Scatter Site Property Manager to insure that all residents and clients are housed in safe, violation free, habitable and secure units and apartments. Additional responsibilities may include maintaining the housing database, work order reports, and housing files.
- Posses and exhibit the ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess a general knowledge of trade skills such as general carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, heating systems, etc
Housing Placement Program Associate
This position provides Eshare data entry support for the Permanent Housing Placement Public Health Solutions Program. The position enters program data and maintains Eshare for this program. The position also contributes to the development, analysis and reporting of outcomes for Public Health Solutions Performance Based Programs. The incumbent will also perform duties that will assist the program with gathering client data, resources, working with clients to establish utilities as well as follow up around benefits and entitlements, disseminating information to clients and completing all required reports. The position also requires interface with the public and with clients.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
- AA Degree in relevant field (strongly preferred), or HS diploma/GED and extensive experience.
- Experience in data entry (essential) and database development, data management and analysis (preferred).
- Experience working with community-based organizations as support staff, evaluator, direct service provider or consultant.
- Experience providing training and/or technical assistance.
- Bilingual (English- Spanish) is preferred.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
Bailey House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.